24.06.2022 ELEPHANT AND CASTLE TOWN CENTRE TEAM AND GET LIVING ANNOUNCE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS FOR NEW INSPIRING ELEPHANT COMMUNITY FUND
- 12 successful applicants awarded share of £50,000 Inspiring Elephant Community Fund
- Grants awarded to local initiatives and organisations to support thriving and vibrant community
- 5-year fund builds on success of local Community Hub which will open a new physical space later this year
The Elephant and Castle Town Centre team and Get Living have announced the successful applicants for the new Inspiring Elephant Community Fund. The £50,000 a year fund provides grants to local groups, supporting short term projects, and contributing to longer term initiatives in the community.
12 successful applicants will receive grants of between £2,500 – £4,950 which will help support various local community initiatives. These initiatives will help fight inequality and benefit disability groups, senior citizens, and members of the BAME community.
The full list of this year’s successful applicants include:
- Afro-Brazilian Arts and Cultural Exchange Institute
- Southwark Playhouse
- Blackfriars Settlement
- Superarts Academy of Performing Arts
- Silverfit Ltd
- Pembroke College Settlement
- Mental Fight Club
- Draper Together CIO
- Latin American Disabled People’s Project
- The Sapphire Community Group
- Platform Cricket
- St Jude’s Senior Citizen Club
Over the next five years, the Elephant and Castle Town Centre team will distribute £250,000 of funding to the local community. Local organisations have been able to apply for multi-year grants of up to £5,000 and a panel of local community leaders – including members of Southwark Council, Get Living and members of the Community Hub – carefully considered all applications.
Since the launch of the Community Hub in 2019, the Elephant and Castle Town Centre team have been thrilled to watch the community come together over the activities it offers. The team is working hard to bring the much-loved Community Hub back to a physical space to create a new place for everyone across the area to enjoy various activities from arts and crafts to yoga and dance.Back to news